Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Mantle - Before and After with letters and Modge Podge aka Gift from Heaven



Our fireplace mantle was in serious need of a declutter/makeover. It has looked like this for 3 years....ok fine more like 5 years, but I know that picture of me and the dolphin was 3 years ago so HA!


Anyway - I bought these chipboard letters about 5 months ago when they went on sale at Hobby Lobby. My cricut is put up for a few days while I try to get my craft area set up so I decided to pull out one of my long overdue non-cricut projects.

This was so easy! All I did was pick up one my favorite paper stack from my stash (Poteeka Souffle by The Paper Studio) that would coordinate best with my living room and picked out my six papers and went to work!

I cut the basic shape of the letter, leaving plenty of room to wrap around the edges. Then I used modge podge on the entire front of the letter, slapped my paper on and started wrapping it around the letter, cutting the paper if need be to get a flat wrap.




I would like to add a few more embellishments to the letters but for now they work and I am thrilled to have something crossed off the project list. I of course want to update the rest of the mantle so I might do something for fall/winter instead of just leaving it as is like I normally do. Baby steps people!

Which letter is your favorite? I like the "L" - you can't tell in the picture but these papers have a wonderful, thread like texture to them.

1 comment:

Tottums said...

So cute! I really like the 'Y' :)